I am the author of 16 published books on Artificial Intelligence, Java, Ruby, Common LISP,
Semantic Web, NLP, C++, Linux, Scheme, and Windows. I have free web books and published books on my books
page. I also hope that you find my open
source projects on github useful. This "free stuff" is my way to give something back to the
world, in appreciation for the blessings in my life. Check it out!
July 21, 2013: a new 3rd edition of my book Loving Common Lisp, or the Savvy Programmer's Secret Weapon is now
available for a minimum price of $3 in PDF, Kindle, and iPad formats. Check it out!
June 29, 2013: a new 4th edition of my book Practical Artificial
Intelligence Programming With Java is now available for a minimum price of $3 in PDF, Kindle, and iPad
I am working at Google so I am not accepting consulting work at this time.
I provide consulting services
using the following technologies:
- Semantic web and linked data RDF/RDFS/RDF++/OWL modeling, Ontology development, devops using most RDF data stores.
- Data scientist I have been using artificial intelligence techniques (text analytics,
natural language processing, machine learning, neural networks, and expert systems) on very large data
sets for 20+ years for applications dealing with credit card fraud, US DoD applications, and social
media analysis for targeted advertising.
- Clojure development I have been using Clojure since 2008, consulting on machine
learning and web applications projects.
- Java development I have been using Java for since 1998, mostly for implementing back
end web services.
- Ruby development I have been using Ruby since 2004 on text processing, Rails, and
- Python development I have been using Python since 2002 on text processing and web
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Over 20 years of experience with data mining, data
analytics, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), text mining, entity extraction, general
information extraction from unstructured data, and expert systems.
- Large scale text analytics for processing Big Data using Hadoop, Elastic MapReduce, and
- JVM languages Java, Clojure and JRuby.
- Cloud computing Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google App Engine, and Heroku.
- Graph databases Neo4J.
- NoSQL data stores MongoDB, CouchDB, BigCouch, Redis, HBase, and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Common Lisp and Scheme In addition to writing Common Lisp and Scheme books for
Springer-Verlag, I have used Lisp for many customer projects.
- Web app development Using Ruby on Rails and Clojure + Noir.
Please try my web apps:
- our-foc.us is a real-time collaborative
planning and to-do system.
These web apps are written in Clojure:
- KBSPortal.com is my commercial natural
language (NLP) product. This web app serves as a demo for the product. KBSPortal can be run on your own
servers or embedded in your Clojure projects.
- CookingSpace.com uses artificial
intelligence to help you use food ingredients that you have on-hand in your kitchen. CookingSpace also
gives you hints for ingredient substitutions and additions for recipes. These suggestions are informed
from machine learning on 100,000 public domain recipes.
- KnowledgeBooks.com is my home for
knowledge management technologies.
- my-foc.us is a simple to-do list organizer
written in Clojurescript. I wrote this to use on my smart phone.
To add my GPG public encryption key to your keyring:
- Make sure you have GPG or GPG2 installed
- run: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --search-keys email@example.com
- accept the public key for: Mark Louis Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Find me on: