Mark Watson's Resume
Contact Information: (928) 300-8542, [email protected]
Professional SummaryMr. Watson has workedon machine learning, artificial intelligence, and semantic web/linked data projects since 1982. Mr. Watson has worked on projects for Capital One, Google, DARPA, SAIC, Nintendo, Pacific Bell, Disney, CompassLabs, and Webmind Corporation. Mr. Watson is the author of 20+ books.
Partial Customer and/or Employer List
References available on request
- Capital One
- Pace AP
- Lutris Technology
- University of Chicago
- Webmind Corporation
Details available at www.markwatson.com
Programming Language Expertise
Mr. Watson designs and develops software using Python, Julia, Java, Haskell, Ruby, Clojure, Common Lisp, and C++ programming.
Work ExperienceMr. Watson has run a one-person consulting service company from 1999 to the present time, with a few full time engagements during this time:
Capital One: manager of UIUC machine learning team, Master Software Engineer (2017-2019).
Ola Search in Singapore: machine learning for NLP and machine learning training (2016).
Google: worked with Knowledge Graph on an internal engineering project (2013).
Pace AP work on a real time large scale licensing system using Java EE 6 (2012)
Webmind Corporation (1999-2000) - General Java and artificial intelligence programming. Server side Java and Internet data-spidering agents.
Angel Studios (1996-1997) - Artificial intelligence C++ software implementation for two Nintendo video games, and the lead programmer for dinosaur/river ride VR experience for Disney.
Vantage Software: machine learning for NLP.
CompassLabs: machine learning for NLP using Hadoop map reduce.
Global Health Care Systems: Phrophet Quest project for using AI to improve patient outcomes.
Disney/Americast Java based set-top-box prototype that tracked their product that was written in C (1998).
SAIC Machine Learning and general AI Backpropagation neural model for SAIC bomb detection system. Author of SAIC ANSim Neural Network product. Author of ExperOPS5 product for Macintosh and Xerox Lisp Machines (1982-1993) .
B.S. Physics, University of California at Santa Barbara
All class work completed for M.S. in Computer Science with 3.9 GPA at San Diego State University while working full time
Continuing education 2012:
- Coursera/UC Berkeley Software Engineering for Software as a Service
- Coursera/Stanford Machine Learning
- Coursera/University of Toronto Neural Networks for Machine Learning (Hinton)
- Coursera/Stanford Natural Language Processing
- Coursera/Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne Functional Programming Principles in Scala
- Google Power Searching with Google
Continuing education 2013:
- Coursera/University of Washington Introduction to Data Science
- Coursera/UC Irvine Fundamentals of Personal Financial Planning
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information
Continuing education 2014:
- Hasso Plattner Institute Knowledge Engineering with Semantic Web Technologies
- Coursera/University of Pennsylvania (Wharton Business College) Analyzing Global Trends for Business and Society
Continuing education 2015:
- edX DelftX FP101x Introduction to Functional Programming
- edX Tsinghua University China Will China Rise as a Disruptive Force? The Insiders' Perspective
Continuing education 2016:
- Coursera Fog Networks and the Internet of Things
- edX Microsoft DEV201x Introduction to TypeScript
- edX Microsoft DEV203x Introduction to Bootstrap
Continuing education 2017:
- edX Blockchain for Business - An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies
- Coursera Neural Networks and Deep Learning (Andrew Ng)
- Coursera Improving Deep Learning Networks: Hyperparameter tuning, Regularization and Optimization (Andrew Ng)
Continuing education 2018:
- Coursera Deep Learning Sequence Models (Andrew Ng)
- Coursera Structuring Machine Learning Projects (Andrew Ng)
- Coursera Convolutional Neural Networks (Andrew Ng)